Slow Cooker Ratatouille. I love ratatouille because it's so versatile and can be used to make a killer pizza, great on pasta or as part of a casserole with chicken and cheese, or how about ratatouille lasagna? Not only does this classic recipe make a phenomenal side dish, you can also serve it with sliced French bread for a warm and easy appetizer. Try it in the summer with your.
This slow cooker ratatouille is insanely rich and flavourful, and works beautifully as a standalone stew, or on pasta. Learn to make the most of your slow cooker with this and other inspiring recipes in our Quick Slow Cooking, by Kim Laidlaw. This was my first attempt making. You can cook Slow Cooker Ratatouille using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Ratatouille
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of red onions, chopped.
- You need of Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped.
- It’s of garlic cloves, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare of eggplant, ends trimmed, cut into large chunks.
- You need of zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into large chunks.
- Prepare of bell peppers (assorted colors), seeded, cut into large chunks.
- Prepare of tomatoes, seeded, cut into medium chunks.
- Prepare of white wine.
- Prepare of fresh thyme leaves (or 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves).
- It’s of balsamic vinegar, or more to taste.
- You need of Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste.
- It’s of arrowroot or cornstarch.
Personal chef and food columnist Amy Casey shows how to make a Slow Cooker Summer Ratatouille. Try this delicious slow cooker ratatouille recipe for a twist on the classic French dish. I used chicken thighs but you could also use breasts if you wish. I also used boneless, skinless chicken so I could shred it at the end.
Slow Cooker Ratatouille instructions
- In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat the oil over low heat, and add the onions, potatoes and garlic cloves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until the onions just begin to get translucent and the garlic hasn't begun to brown. Transfer the contents to a 6- or 7-quart slow cooker..
- Add the eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, wine and thyme leaves. Cook on LOW for 3-1/2 hours, stirring once during that time..
- Turn the cooker to HIGH, and add the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Mix the arrowroot or cornstarch with 6 tablespoons of water, to make a slurry. Pour that into the slow cooker and stir. Cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes on HIGH. The liquid in the cooker will be slightly thickened (and it will thicken more if you let the ratatouille chill in the refrigerator)..
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold..
- credit to: http://www.theperfectpantry.com/.
This ratatouille recipe is equally terrific whether you peel the eggplant or not. An ideal main dish for the Slow-Cooker Ratatouille. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Normally, ratatouille cooks uncovered to let moisture evaporate. So how do you get this summery vegetable stew to work in the slow cooker, where the lid stays on the whole time? Ratatouille is meant to be approachable and utilitarian, but in French cuisine, there's always room for finesse.