Slow Cooker Ratatouille. I love ratatouille because it's so versatile and can be used to make a killer pizza, great on pasta or as part of a casserole with chicken and cheese, or how about ratatouille lasagna? Not only does this classic recipe make a phenomenal side dish, you can also serve it with sliced French bread for a warm and easy appetizer. Try it in the summer with your.
This slow cooker ratatouille is insanely rich and flavourful, and works beautifully as a standalone stew, or on pasta. Learn to make the most of your slow cooker with this and other inspiring recipes in our Quick Slow Cooking, by Kim Laidlaw. This was my first attempt making. You can cook Slow Cooker Ratatouille using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Ratatouille
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of eggplant.
- You need of zuchinni, cut into 1inch. cubes.
- Prepare of red onion, chopped.
- Prepare of red bell pepper, cored, seeded, & chopped.
- You need of green bell pepper, cored, seeded, & chopped.
- You need of garlic, minced or put through a garlic press.
- You need of canned, whole tomatoes.
- It’s of canned, whole tomatoes.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- You need of black pepper.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- You need of Hot cooked rice.
- It’s of grated Parmesean cheese.
Personal chef and food columnist Amy Casey shows how to make a Slow Cooker Summer Ratatouille. Try this delicious slow cooker ratatouille recipe for a twist on the classic French dish. I used chicken thighs but you could also use breasts if you wish. I also used boneless, skinless chicken so I could shred it at the end.
Slow Cooker Ratatouille step by step
- Heat Olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Saute the eggplant, zuchinni, onion, red & green bell peppers, and garlic until vegetables look golden, but not brown – about 15 mins..
- Put the vegetable mixture, tomatoes, salt, basil, thyme, pepper, and bay leaf in the slow cooker. Turn on low and cook for 6-8 hours. Remove the bay leaf and serve over rice. Garnish each serving with 1tablespoon Parmesean cheese..
This ratatouille recipe is equally terrific whether you peel the eggplant or not. An ideal main dish for the Slow-Cooker Ratatouille. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Normally, ratatouille cooks uncovered to let moisture evaporate. So how do you get this summery vegetable stew to work in the slow cooker, where the lid stays on the whole time? Ratatouille is meant to be approachable and utilitarian, but in French cuisine, there's always room for finesse.