Ratatouille. It was the eighth film produced by Pixar. In the hilarious new animated-adventure, Ratatouille, a rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic.
You can have Ratatouille using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ratatouille
- Prepare of eggplant (1 medium) peeled and cubed.
- You need of red onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- Prepare of zucchini or summer squash (cut intio 1/2 inch cubes).
- Prepare of diced tomatoes, drained but reserve 1/3 cup of juice.
- You need of garlic, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of fresh thyme leaves.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- Prepare of red wine vinegar.
- You need of toasted pine nuts.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine all ingredients in a 9×13 inch pan and toss to coat. Bake in the dish for about 1 hour, stirring halfway through..
- After cooking, sprinkle with red win vinegar and pine nuts..
- To toast pine nuts: In a small dry skillet, toast over medium heat for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning..
- (From "Cover and Bake" from America's Test Kitchen).