Ratatouille. It was the eighth film produced by Pixar. In the hilarious new animated-adventure, Ratatouille, a rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic.
You can cook Ratatouille using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ratatouille
- You need of red onions.
- It’s of garlic.
- You need of aubergines.
- Prepare of courgettes.
- It’s of peppers (red or yellow).
- You need of tomatoes.
- It’s of Big bunch of fresh basil.
- Prepare of Few sprigs of thyme.
- You need of plum tomatoes.
- Prepare of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s of Zest of half a lemon.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare your vegetables: cut the onions into wedges, finely slice the garlic and chop the courgettes, aubergines and peppers into bite size chunks (about 2.5cm). Roughly chop the fresh tomatoes. Pick the basil leaves and set aside, finely chop the stalks..
- Heat some oil in a large casserole or sauce pan over medium heat and add the peppers, courgettes and aubergine (you may need to do this in two batches), fry for about 5 minutes, until soften and golden. Remove the veg from the pan..
- Add some more oil to the pan and fry the onion, garlic, basil stalks and thyme leaves for 10-15 minutes, until nicely softened..
- Return the vegetables to the pan, add the tinned and fresh tomatoes, balsamic and season with salt and pepper. Give it a stir..
- Cover the pan and simmer over low heat for 30-35 minutes, or until reduced, sticky and sweet..
- Tear in the basil leaves and finely grate the lemon zest..