Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies. These savoury hand pies are fluffy, delicious and healthy! Feta, tomato and olive oil are a classic combination but the addition of the dried thyme, makes. All-star roasted tomatoes recipe with thyme and feta!
Roasted in a high-heated oven until super tender and bursting with intense. It partners sweet tomatoes with woodsy thyme and creamy feta, then wraps it up with a buttery, flaky crust for a rustic, free-form pie that's easy enough to pull together even when you While super-juicy produce like tomatoes are irresistibly delicious, they can result in a soggy crust in pies and galettes. Hand pies are basically classy (much better-tasting) versions of pop tarts. You can cook Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies
- You need 250 g of bread flour.
- It’s 250 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme, dried.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 250 ml of water warm.
- It’s 25 g of fresh yeast (or 7g dry).
- Prepare 350 g of feta cheese (app.).
Miniature, portable food is always more fun! While individual hand pies take a bit more work and time (this is definitely a weekend project-yet they could be stored for a weeknight dinner!), but the steps can be broken up. Photo “Pie with tomatoes and feta cheese” can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. Spiff up your breakfast with this combination of egg, spinach, tomato and feta cheese.
Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies step by step
- Mix yeast with sugar and 50ml of the warm water..
- In your mixer bowl, sift the two types of flour and salt..
- Add thyme and blend for a few seconds. Add the tomato paste and the olive oil and start mixing on low speed..
- Add half of the water and the yeast mixture..
- Keep adding water, little by little, and knead on medium speed for about 4 to 5 min, till your dough is smooth and elastic..
- Turn the dough out onto your work surface and give it a quick knead. Shape into a ball and put it in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean towel and let it rise for 45min..
- Flour your work surface and turn the dough out..
- Cut into 9 pieces. Each piece will make 2 hand pies. Smooth each piece with your palm and shape 9 small balls. Cover with plastic wrap to avoid skin forming..
- Take one piece of dough and roll out a small disk, about 15cm in diameter. Put 2 full tbsp in the middle and pinch the edges to seal it..
- Flatten it with your hand, then roll it out until it gets about 15cm in diameter. Roll the sheet to form a roll..
- Cut in half. Stretch each piece to get a little longer..
- Swirl both sides creating two opposite spirals. Fold in half, covering one spiral with the other. This way, you create layers of dough and cheese..
- Flatten it again and put in on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper..
- Repeat the process..
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 200°C/400°F, middle position for 15 to 17min. till they're golden brown..
- If you end up with leftover feta, put it in a glass container, cover the surface with olive oil and keep it in the fridge for 4 to 5 days..
Hi, I'm Sam, the author, photographer and creator behind Ahead of Thyme. Freshly backed Farmhouse Bread hold in hand with oven gloves Six hot brown clay ceramic pot with backed or stewed food inside oven Backed wings with potato chips Stone oven backed pizza with salami and tomato Pizza in a oven. Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl. barefoot contessa. Tomato Soup_ Tomato Cheese Puff And Tamatar Chicken Recipe_ Lazzat With Asad. Spinach & Feta Cheese Pie Recipe.