Rabbit with Catalan Ratatouille – Conill amb Samfaina.
You can have Rabbit with Catalan Ratatouille – Conill amb Samfaina using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rabbit with Catalan Ratatouille – Conill amb Samfaina
- Prepare of For a more elaborate explanation of samfaina , see the recipe..
- Prepare of rabbit.
- Prepare of samfaina.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of salt.
Rabbit with Catalan Ratatouille – Conill amb Samfaina instructions
- Wash and cut the vegetables in ½- ¾ inch./ 1-2 cm. squares, depending how you want the samfaina (see recipe for samfaina). Grate the tomatoes and cut the garlic in medium slices..
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a cassola or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and let it take some color..
- Add the peppers and let it cook for around 10 min. Stir occasionally so it doesn't burn..
- Wash and cut the rabbit in 12-16 pieces, depending how big the rabbit is, or have your butcher cut it. Here I have used a rabbit that is 1.3 kg, so I got 18 pieces in appropriate sizes..
- Pat dry with paper towels and season the rabbit with black pepper and salt..
- Samfaina. Add the aubergine and squash and cook it until the aubergine is semi-soft (around 20 min.)..
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, fry the rabbit in around 1 cm. oil..
- When the rabbit is done, set it aside on a plate..
- Samfaina. Add the grated tomatoes and stir until all is mixed well. Season with a little sugar, salt and paprika..
- Let it cook under a lit for around 20 min. Stir occationally and make sure it doesn't get dry, add water if needed..
- When the samfaina is done, add the fried rabbit and carefully turn it in the samfaina. Leave it to cook 5-10 min. Make sure it doesn't run out of fluid. This dish needs to rest. It is best to prepare it the day before and heat it just before serving, but at least let it rest a couple of hours..