Catalan Ratatouille – Samfaina.
You can cook Catalan Ratatouille – Samfaina using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Catalan Ratatouille – Samfaina
- Prepare of onion.
- Prepare of garlic of.
- Prepare of red peppers.
- It’s of Aubergine.
- It’s of tomatoes.
- Prepare of paprika.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of olive oil , mild.
- Prepare of pepper squash tomatoes This is the basic samfaina recipe. I use a variation here with green and and more ..
- Prepare of pepper squash tomatoes Variations: add some green and/or , or add more if you want.
Catalan Ratatouille – Samfaina instructions
- Wash and prepare all the vegetables. Grate the tomatoes, cut the rest of the vegetables in squares, about ¾ inch / 2 cm. and cut the garlic in medium slices. I like some texture in my samfaina. If you want less texture, cut the vegetables in smaller squares..
- In a cassola or skillet, heat a generous amount of oil..
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and let it take some color..
- Add the peppers and let it cook for around 10 min. Stir occasionally so it does not burn..
- Add aubergine and squash and cook until the aubergine has taken color and feels semisoft..
- Add grated tomatoes, a little sugar to neutralize the acid from the tomatoes, a little paprika and salt..
- Turn the heat on low and let it simmer under a lit for about 20 min. Stir occasionally and don't let it run out of liquid. Add a little water if necessary..
- The time given for cooking is the minimum time, the longer you cook the samfaina, the better it gets, just like it is the case with sofregit..