Traditional Provence Ratatouille.
You can cook Traditional Provence Ratatouille using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Traditional Provence Ratatouille
- You need of eggplants, cut into rings then quartered.
- You need of courgettes/zucchini, cut into rings then quartered.
- Prepare of red pepper, chopped into medium pieces.
- You need of yellow pepper, chopped into medium pieces.
- It’s of tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- You need of onions, sliced thin.
- Prepare of garlic, crushed.
- You need of bay leafs, crushed up.
- Prepare of Herbes de Provence.
- Prepare of parsley.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- You need of Olive oil – A lot ;).
Traditional Provence Ratatouille step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)..
- Saute onions and crushed garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes. They should be very soft..
- When they're done, put them in an oven-safe dish..
- Add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, then saute the peppers (I forgot to get a yellow one!) for 5-10 minutes on a medium heat until slightly browned. Put them into the oven dish, too..
- Add 1 more tablespoon olive oil and saute the zucchini until soft, 5-10 minutes. Again, add to oven dish..
- Add more olive oil and saute egglplant (you'll need some extra oil for them) until slightly browed, 5-10 minutes. Then, into the oven dish..
- Add chopped tomatoes into the oven dish without cooking them..
- Add herbs de Provence, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, sugar, and bay leaves. Give everything a stir and put a lid or foil over the dish. Bake in the oven at 180°C/350°F for 1 hour. You can eat right away, or ideally turn oven off and let it sit for another while..
- If you cook it the day before, when the time is over, turn off the oven, but leave the dish in the oven for the entire night. You can reheat it by letting it cook for 20 minutes on a low heat without lid..