Amazing tomato pie with cheese dough. Fresh chopped tomatoes, basil and onions, topped with mixture of shredded cheese and Here's one of the best loved recipes on the site—tomato pie! Perfect at the peak of summer tomato season. This was the most delicious thing I have made in a very long time.
Learn how to make Tomato And Cheddar Pie at home with Tarika Singh. This summer tomato pie is the best dinner ever! Cheddar herb crust, ripe, juicy tomatoes and a cheesy, crunchy layer on top. You can have Amazing tomato pie with cheese dough using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amazing tomato pie with cheese dough
- It’s of For the cheese dough.
- It’s 250 g of self rising flour.
- It’s 125 g of margarine or butter.
- Prepare 100 g of yogurt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of grated kefalotyri (Greek traditional hard salty yellow cheese).
- It’s 1 of little oregano.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s of For the filling.
- Prepare 4-5 of ripe and firm tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of salt, pepper.
- It’s of oregano or basil.
Even doing half yogurt will yield a watery result in the pie. The good news is that there is so much cheese in the top layer, some mayo-haters may not even know it's mayo! This Parmesan cheese-topped tomato pie recipe is a Southern favorite, perfect for luncheon or brunch. This old-fashioned tomato pie is a very versatile dish.
Amazing tomato pie with cheese dough instructions
- Place the flour and the margarine or butter in a bowl and rub them together until combined..
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, the yogurt, the grated cheese and hafl the egg..
- Mix and when the ingredients are incorporated knead until you have a dough that doesn't stick to your hands..
- Wrap the dough in cling film and set it aside in the fridge to rest for about 30 minutes..
- Coat a round baking tray of 30 xm wtih flour and roll out a filo sheet that is slightly larger than the sides of the baking tray..
- Brush the filo sheet with the second half of the egg and sprinkle with breadcrumbs..
- Place a layer of tomatoes cut into slices, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with some oregano and then breadcrumbs..
- Repeat until you run out of tomatoes..
- Spread the crumbled feta cheese on top, pour a liggle oil over it and fold in the excess filo sheet..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 40 minutes..
It makes a nice luncheon or brunch dish, can be Fit a sheet of foil (or parchment paper) over the bottom and sides of the pie dough. This savory Southern Tomato Pie is made with summer-ripe tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and topped with a tasty cheese & mayo topping! The flaky crust encases thick slices of tomatoes, layers of chopped basil leaves and green onions, and a cheesy topping made with freshly grated mozzarella. But after making many tomato pies, we've come up with the very best ways to combat the moisture and prevent a soggy crust, leaving you with a sliceable Starting with store-bought pie dough cuts down on prep time significantly. While the crust par-bakes, you can mix up the cheesy mayo topper.