Ratatouille with Garlic Bread. "I can't make ratatouille without thinking of Remy, the adorable cartoon rat," says Rach. Ratatouille can be eaten on its own or served with meat, fish or, in this case, with garlic bread. Ratatouille is a French dish typically made with garlic, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, and eggplant.
In this video, you'll see how to make a beautiful ratatouille like they made in the animated movie. Thin slices of colorful vegetables, including squash, bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant, are arranged above a garlicky tomato sauce and baked. Then topped with delicious dollops of mascarpone cheese. You can have Ratatouille with Garlic Bread using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ratatouille with Garlic Bread
- Prepare of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need of onion medium , chopped.
- Prepare of okra , stem ends trimmed.
- You need of tomatoes large.
- It’s of yellow squash , cut into dice 1/4 – inch.
- It’s of thyme chopped fresh or dried.
- You need of red bell pepper diced.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper freshly ground.
- It’s of oregano.
- You need of paprika.
- You need of garlic , finely chopped.
- You need of basil chopped fresh.
- Prepare of brown bread cut into halves slices.
- It’s of garlic minced.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- You need of cheese spread.
Classic ratatouille with eggplant, tomatoes, squash, and garlic, deconstructed and sauteed in a frying pan. This easy side dish is flavorful, healthful and easy to prepare. It's your classic ratatouille (eggplant, tomatoes, squash, garlic) deconstructed for a roll in the hay. Halve one or two of the garlic cloves and rub cut sides on the grilled bread.
Ratatouille with Garlic Bread step by step
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add garlic, onions,yellow squash and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are seared and starting to soften, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in okra, tomatoes, water(if needed), thyme, salt and pepper; bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer; partially cover and simmer, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil, oregano,paprika. Serve warm with garlic bread..
- Mix butter, cheese spread and minced garlic to form a thick paste..
- Apply a thin layer of this mixture on one side of the sliced bread..
- Roast the bread over a skillet on medium heat till the bread turns crisp(about 5 minutes).
- Serve with Ratatouille!.
To serve, arrange ratatouille, grilled bread and goat cheese on a large platter. Sprinkle thyme leaves, pepper and flaky salt over goat cheese. Ratatouille is a French Provençal stewed vegetable dish, originating in Nice, and sometimes referred to as ratatouille niçoise (French: [niswaz]). To serve, bring the ratatouille back to a simmer over medium heat, covered, then uncover and stir in the balsamic vinegar. Ratatouille is a very healthy and low fat summer vegetable stew.