Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables.
You can have Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables
- It’s of Tomato.
- It’s of Bell pepper (red or yellow).
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Summer vegetables of your choice.
- It’s of eggplant, 1/2 zucchini I used eggplant and zucchini.
- Prepare of Olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Grated cheese (optional).
- Prepare of Condiments.
- You need of to 200 ml Vegetable juice.
- You need of Salt and pepper (preferably black pepper).
- Prepare of Consomme soup stock cubes.
- Prepare of Grated garlic (or garlic powder).
- You need of Herbs of your choice (basil and oregano).
Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables step by step
- Dice the vegetables into preferred sizes. Slice the eggplant into rounds..
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add all vegetables except for the tomato. Season with salt and pepper and sauté over medium heat..
- When soft, add tomato and condiments. Simmer over medium heat..
- Simmer to reduce until all the liquid evaporates. Done. Sprinkle grated cheese if you wish..
- Note: Ratatouille goes really well with bread or pasta. Also works with fish or meat..
- Note: Here's a variation; I served it with boiled chicken (and grated cheese)..