Ratatouille: Simmered Summer Vegetables.
You can have Ratatouille: Simmered Summer Vegetables using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ratatouille: Simmered Summer Vegetables
- Prepare of ●Onion.
- Prepare of to 4 ●Green pepper.
- It’s of ●Zucchini.
- You need of ●Eggplants.
- You need of ●Tomato.
- You need of Diced canned tomato.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt (use good quality salt if possible).
Ratatouille: Simmered Summer Vegetables step by step
- Slice the garlic in half and remove the stem, then mince..
- Dice all ● vegetables into 1.5 cm-sized cubes. (Soak the eggplant in water, then drain.).
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a thick-bottomed pot over low heat. When the garlic is fragrant, turn the heat to medium low. Add the onions and sauté..
- When the onions are covered with oil, add a pinch of salt and continue to cook. Add the bell pepper, zucchini, and eggplant in that order. Add a pinch of salt each time and continue to cook..
- Add the tomato and canned tomato. When the mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer slowly for 30 to 40 minutes. (Mix occasionally from the bottom.).
- Taste and season with salt if necessary..