Basil pesto tomato sauce. A quick-to-prepare tomato sauce flavored with pesto that is very versatile. Stir in pesto just before serving. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt and pepper.
Simmer a jar of tomato and basil spaghetti sauce with rich and nutty pesto when you need a quick but luxurious pasta sauce. Serve over hot ziti and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. For those who like pesto but also love tomato sauce, try this recipe. You can cook Basil pesto tomato sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basil pesto tomato sauce
- Prepare of spinach.
- Prepare of diced tomatoes or substitute one small can.
- It’s of package of fresh sliced mushrooms your favorite kind.
- It’s of table spoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare of small jar of basil pesto sauce.
- It’s of small yellow onion.
- Prepare of generous amount of Italian herb blend.
- Prepare of generous dash of black pepper to taste.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of sliced or diced zucchini.
- You need of small can of tomato paste.
Quick to prepare and very good, too! We recommend using freezer-safe glass containers, or double layers of freezer bags to store sauces. This simple tomato based sauce flavoured with only garlic, fresh basil and a touch of oregano is as simple as it is delicious. I stopped relying on mass produced stuff almost a decade ago once I discovered how easy it is to make my own!
Basil pesto tomato sauce step by step
- Dice the onion to your preferred size. Sautee over Medium heat in a little olive oil with garlic..
- Add onion and garlic to small saucepan. Add the diced tomato and turn to medium heat. Add mushrooms, and zucchini..
- Add 1/4 cup of water, and the basil pesto sauce..
- Bring to a simmer and turn on low heat, stirring. Cover and stream the vegetables. For 2 minutes..
- Add 1/4 cup of tomato paste, the Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Add a little more water, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. For your desired consistency, add more water..
- Serve over pasta with chicken, and top with parmesan cheese. Optional lol But I think its the best way..
For a spaghetti meat sauce, try my Spaghetti Bolognese. Keep this basic Basil Pesto recipe from Food Network Kitchen in your arsenal and use it for topping Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Cheese Dip Dip Italian European Recipes Pesto Recipes Sauce Recipes Nut Recipes Gluten Free. Homemade basil pesto is so easy! Learn how to make basil pesto with this recipe, plus find tips on how to properly toss it with pasta, freeze pesto, etc.