One and a half potato / gnocchi in pesto sauce. Of course you can make your own gnocchi and pesto, but in a time pinch. the pre-made stuff works just fine. Pesto from the refridgerated section of the market works much better than a jarred pesto sauce. I like to serve this with baked acorn squash.
Typically made by a combination of cheeses and thinned out with half and half or milk. Quick and easy gnocchi sauce recipe, made in one pot on stovetop with simple ingredients like tomatoes and basil and loaded with. Gnocchi-making takes practice, patience, and persistence. You can have One and a half potato / gnocchi in pesto sauce using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One and a half potato / gnocchi in pesto sauce
- You need of potato,medium.
- Prepare of cake flour,or all purpose flour.
- Prepare of egg yolk.
- It’s of salt to taste.
At their best, potato gnocchi can be light and delicate. At their worst, dense, rubbery, and/or soggy. The platter of petite, potato pillows coated with glistening flecks of basil pesto that Francesca's mother made us that night was beautiful. The Best Potato Gnocchi Sauce Recipes on Yummly
One and a half potato / gnocchi in pesto sauce step by step
- Clean,boil potato until cooked.
- Peel and smash while it still hot ,with tool or spoon ,whatever clean ,but not your direct hands..its so hot hot potato ;).
- Smash it well ,as smooth as you can in short time as you can ,best result is finish product still warm :).
- on working surface ,make the flour like in the picture ( in fact i dont know english word ,ummm just do like i did hahhaha ) add yolk,little salt.
- Add in mashed potato,mix all,knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough ,how big how small as you desire ,i love chewwy small one ,so i cut small pieces ,roll each into snake like ,please cover the rest with kitchen towel to protect from dried ,cut to small pieces,roll each piece gently on the fork ,dust with extra flour to protect from stick to each one……..in case you cant or dont have a fork ,only use you thumb press softly in the middle of each pieces,roll both side up a bit ..it just fine :).
- Boil in hot salted water with tbsp of oil to prevent from sticking,serve with my creammy pesto sauce mix with a little whipping cream,stir in mixing bowl while gnocchi still hot https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356612-pesto.
Potato Gnocchi With Creamy Mushroom Sauce, Potato Gnocchi With Fontina Potato Gnocchi In Butter Sauce Recipes. Fried Sweet Potato Gnocchi & Blue CheeseGarlic And Zest. One Pot Loaded Baked Potato GnocchiWhitneybond. Add the potatoes to a large pot of cool salted water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the gnocchi in batches, stirring gently once or twice to ensure they are not sticking.