Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole. You don't go through all the work of making a bacon cheeseburger and fries; you can enjoy that classic flavor by pulling together a few simple ingredients, popping your casserole dish in the oven and waiting for a big, bold homemade dinner to be ready in less than an hour. We're always down for a bacon cheeseburger but when we thought up a way to turn the dish into a delicious casserole with the addition of tater tots, we were totally hooked! This yummy casserole may be kind of a guilty pleasure, but it makes for a great dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen for later. Try this easy Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole Recipe. This is easy hamburger casserole is a crowd please and the kids go crazy over it so it is a win-win in our family. You can cook Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole
- You need 1 lb of bacon fried crisp and crumbled.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need of Large onion diced… (reserve a third of the onion for garnish).
- It’s 3 cups of shredded cheddar (I prefer aged).
- It’s 1 can of cheddar cheese soup.
- It’s 2 cups of sour cream.
- You need 1 tbls of Montreal steak spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sage.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper to personal preference.
- You need of Dill pickles sliced.
It has become a regular in the dinner rotations. This bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole is the perfect dish to bribe your kids; homework, chores, piano practice—consider them done! Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Here is an easy crockpot recipe for bacon cheeseburger casserole with tater tots.
Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet Fry bacon until crisp set aside Reserve enough bacon grease to start frying Burger.
- Brown ground beef & 2/3 of the onion drain off excess Grease (I like waiting till the beef is halfway cooked before adding my onions) add Montreal steak spice salt pepper and sage to your taste and liking.
- Mix into ground beef… crumbled bacon, 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar cheese soup, 2 cups sour cream and pour mixture into 9 by 13 greased baking dish spreading it out evenly.
- Layer tater tots evenly in rows covering the entire surface of meat mixture & bake on the middle rack for 45 to 50 min. until tater tots are golden brown remove and top with remaining cheese return to oven until melted.
- I like to serve mine with sliced dill pickle chopped onion and it's not "bacon cheeseburger" without ketchup and mustard of course…. enjoy!.
Make this slow cooker dinner recipe idea for simple meal tonight. Top with bacon, tater tots, and shredded cheese. This cheeseburger Tater Tot® casserole is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that's family friendly. Tater Tot Casserole Sour Cream Cheese Recipes. Chicken Tater Tot CasseroleGonna Want Seconds.