Louise's Pasta with garlic pesto sauce. Green garlic (the young shoots of garlic plants) make a lovely green and delicious pesto-style sauce, which is perfect for pasta. Penne Pasta With Chicken, Mushrooms and Pesto SauceCooking LSL. pesto sauce, penne rigate, black pepper, olive oil, boneless skinless. This classic sauce is made with basil leaves, olive oil, walnuts, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
For this pasta and shrimp combo, I've gone with a pesto shrimp because shrimp and pesto complement each other both in taste and texture. Here's what you need: canola oil, chicken breasts, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, heavy cream, grated parmesan cheese, pesto, penne pasta, cherry tomato, parmesan cheese, fresh basil. Next, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced, about five to seven minutes. You can have Louise's Pasta with garlic pesto sauce using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Louise's Pasta with garlic pesto sauce
- You need 4 of roma tomatoes,diced. (or 1 can diced tomatoes).
- You need 1 box of pasta (elbow macaroni/angel hair/gnocchi etc.).
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 5 tbsp of pesto sauce (Fresh or Pre-made works).
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano (fresh or dried works).
- Prepare 1 cup of organic milk.
While a pesto made entirely from garlic scapes is delicious, I found that the sweet basil tempered the garlicky bite just enough to round out the flavors. I took a cue from Dorie Greenspan to use almonds instead of pesto's traditional pine nuts and the result was light yet flavorful, a perfect simple dinner. Pesto pasta and pesto pizza are one of those dishes which I am fond of. Pesto sauce is one of my favourite green sauce.
Louise's Pasta with garlic pesto sauce step by step
- Boil your pasta until al dente! (In my recipe, I used elbow macaroni since my kids love mac soooo much).
- In a separate pan, Sautée your garlic with 1 stick of butter. (For about 1 minute).
- Add in your fully cooked pasta onto the sautéed garlic..
- Mix in diced tomatoes, pesto sauce, salt, pepper & oregano. Cook for 5 minutes. Then add milk..
- Let it simmer for 10 min. (low heat).
- Viola enjoy! You can add cheese on top or eat it with shrimp on the side! #pastarecipe #pesto.
I make pesto sauce occasionally Pesto sauce is made with fresh basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts with parmesan cheese. In this recipe I have replaced pine nuts with almonds. A Creamy garlic pesto chicken pasta Pasta with pesto sauce and chicken Pasta With Chicken And Pesto Grilled chicken and pasta salad Roast chicken with pesto sauce and pine nuts in a cast iron pan Pasta and fried goose liver (chicken, duck) with pesto and tomato on a white background Penne. Serve this delicious sauce over your favorite pasta for a quick, delectable meal. Do NOT substitute half-and-half for the heavy cream if you want a thick sauce.