Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce. Three-cheese tortellini are smothered in a homemade alfredo sauce. And the best part about this? No, it's not the epic cheesy-garlic goodness.
Chicken Tortellini Alfredo with homemade Alfredo sauce. Put it together with fresh vegetables, chicken and cheese tortellini. AND the garlic is non negotiable. You can have Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce
- It’s of (any size under 20oz) refrigerated 3 cheese tortellini.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- It’s of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of milk, or more as needed.
- It’s of half and half*.
- Prepare of cream cheese, cubed.
- You need of freshly grated parmesan (I used the green bottle lol) still amazing.
- Prepare of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper,.
- It’s of chopped fresh parsley or dried flakes like me.
Chicken Tortellini Alfredo Dinner in parts. Pasta, sauce and chicken and vegetables. But first, tortellini. (Or go enter and then come back here for the tortellini…) Let's talk about this heavenly Alfredo sauce, please. An easy, delicious recipe for Cheese Tortellini in garlic butter sauce.
Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce step by step
- Cook your tortellini as instructed on box and drain well. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add your minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, Stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Whisk in flour till lightly browned. About 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and half and half and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened. About 2-3 minutes. Stir in cheeses until melted about 1 to 2 minutes. Add parsley now or after for garnish. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir in tortellini and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately and garnish with whatever you'd like. Ex: tomatoes like me, chives, parsley. Etc…
- NOTES* *Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream. For 1 cup half and half, you can substitute 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream..
Whether you want a hot appetizer for a party or a tasty, comforting weeknight meal option, double the batch because everyone is going to love it! Use refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini. Easy Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo Sauce with milk recipe instead of cream or cream cheese is a delicious homemade alfredo sauce recipe. Compared to other homemade alfredo sauce recipes it is a thick and creamy Alfredo sauce without cream or cream cheese but you would never know it. Cheesy Tortellini in a creamy, rich Garlic Parmesan sauce.