Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole. Loaded with jalapeños, bacon, cream cheese and tater tots, this dish is deliciously filling and just what the doctor ordered for those chilly days when you can't face going outside. Try it out and be amazed – who said you can't have a popper cass?! This Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole is always a hit at parties and potlucks!
One of the BEST casseroles you will ever make! Which kind of casserole are you looking for? Tater Tot Casserole No Meat Recipes. You can cook Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole
- It’s 2-8 oz of packages of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 cups of Mexican Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese, divided.
- Prepare 1 pound of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- It’s 6 of Jalapeno Peppers, deseeded and diced.
- Prepare 1-2 lb. of bag of tater tots.
- You need 6 of green onions, thinly sliced.
The Original Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe! It is made with jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon, tater tots, and cheese. This Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole is always a hit at parties and potlucks! Serve the Jalapeno Popper Casserole as a side dish or hearty dip recipe.
Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a casserole dish with tater tots. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes..
- While the tater tots are baking, cook bacon, blot fat away, and crumble into small pieces. Dice the peppers and slice the onions..
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1½ cups of Cheddar jack cheese, bacon (save a little bit for the topping), diced Jalapeno peppers, and most of the sliced onions (save a few for the top). Stir to thoroughly combine ingredients..
- Spread the jalapeno mixture over the top of the tater tots. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Sprinkle the extra bacon pieces and onion slices over the top. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes..
Arrange half of the roasted jalapenos on top of the chicken mixture. I have to say, I really like this casserole, but it isn't my favorite of all time. My Biscuits & Gravy Casserole, Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Chili "Cornbread" Casserole and Taco Lasagna Casserole are still my top favorites. You are going to love this Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole. It is delicious and can me ready in no time!