Sig's White Fish with tasty Crust.
You can cook Sig's White Fish with tasty Crust using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's White Fish with tasty Crust
- Prepare 1 of large white onion.
- Prepare 4 of white filet of skinless seafish (cod, halibut or such).
- Prepare 1 of small pinch salt and ground pepper each.
- You need 45 grams of softened butter.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of mustard with grains.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of hot mustard of choice.
- Prepare 45 grams of grated edam, gouda or similar cheese.
- Prepare 30 grams of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mixed herbs, (parsley, chives, coriander).
- You need of For garnish.
- Prepare 2 of hardboiled eggs, optional.
- You need 2 of thinly sliced tomatoes, optional.
- You need 1 of lettuce of choice, optional.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of garlic and herb mayonnaise for bread.
- Prepare 4 of crusty bread rolls.
- You need 4 slices of cheese of choice I like spicy Mexican but optional.
Sig's White Fish with tasty Crust step by step
- Preheat oven to 180. Boil eggs until hard. Slice lettuce, eggs and tomatoes if using. Set aside. Chop the herbs and grate the cheese. Wash the fish, dap dry with a paper towel, cut into equal pieces. Chop the onions finely. Season the fish slightly with salt and pepper. Put sides onto plate. I added potato salad, spring onion coleslaw, boiled egg and tomato and shrimps..
- Mix the butter with the onions, mustards, cheese, breadcrumbs, and mixed herbs, until it becomes a paste. Spread over the fish, put the fish into the preheated oven. Cook for about 20 to 30 minutes depending on thickness of fish. The crust should be golden and the fish just cooked, but not left raw..
- Remove from oven, spread bread rolls with little garlic mayonnaise, add lettuce, add a slice of chosen cheese to rolls. Top with fish, tomatoes, slices of egg and onions. Serve with fried potatoes, chips, rice, other chosen sides, or enjoy on its own. Here I just added a slice of Mexican cheese, few slices of tomato and salat leaves..